· The World
· · Places
· · · Spain
N5-Cam VII: Long Train Ride
· On March 1st I went from Barcelona to London by train. It was amusing and relaxing; If you can spare a day and some money, I recommend it ... [1 comment]
· That’s the official name I guess, but taxi drivers just say Barceloneta; it’s a little triangle of Barcelona enclosing Port Vell, the Old Harbor. It’s not fancy but it’s nice, and it’s not like any neighborhood I’ve stayed in before ... [4 comments]
Barcelona Nightlife and Out
· I’ll just tidy up the last lingering worth-showing Barcelona pix and it helps that they share an inside-after-dark theme ...
· I mean the big Gaudí church in Barcelona, whose official name I can’t not include: Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família. Words are entirely inadequate to describe it, as are pictures. That isn’t stopping me, but what’s on offer here is a poor substitute for standing inside it with eyes wide ... [7 comments]
· Barcelona, compared to some other Eurocities I could name, is relatively graffiti-free. Which doesn’t mean pristine ... [1 comment]
· Las Ramblas are a chain of nice wide tree-lined Barcelona boulevards, mostly touristy now. This is a picture of one late at night, wet and uncrowded ... [2 comments]
· Just got in, the long haul from the Left Coast. MWC starts tomorrow and all the bank machines at the airport were empty except for the one attached to the bank, still open at 8PM on Sunday. I envisioned minions shoveling money in the back ... [2 comments]
Upcoming Gig: MWC
· That stands for Mobile World Congress, right around Valentine’s Day, in Barcelona. A whole tribe of Androiders are going, and the mock-up of our booth is boggling minds all over the ’plex ... [2 comments]
By Tim Bray
I am an employee
of Amazon.com, but
the opinions expressed here
are my own, and no other party
necessarily agrees with them.
A full disclosure of my
professional interests is
on the author page.