· The World
· · Wildlife
· We’re visiting friends in Australia and I watched a pair of
parrots interact (oops, Marius Coomans writes from Australia to tell me they’re Galahs); photographed them, but didn’t understand. Oh, and a koala ... [2 comments] NZ Birds
· I don’t do much wildlife, and I don’t shoot animals in captivity, and I don’t publish blurry pictures. Let’s break all those rules. Oh, and Terry Pratchett too ... [1 comment]
HP1 — Sea Turtles
· HP stands for “Hawaii Problem”, which is what happens when your friends come back from it and insist on showing you their pictures. Except for since this is the Internet, nobody can insist you look at anything. Anyhow, I have a few more I feel the urge to share, starting with sea turtles ... [1 comment]
Hector and the Gulls
· We were walking along Jericho Beach around suppertime of a recent weekend when the clouds and light performed a summer-afternoon dance for us. I was shooting in every direction and present for your entertainment one marine vessel and two feathered scavengers; nothing you can’t see there every day ... [3 comments]
Cute Little Yellow Guy
· I almost never run wildlife photos here, but I did yesterday and here’s another, of a cute little part-yellow bird I saw flitting around in the bushes near Lake Okanagan. With a note for photo-geeks ... [6 comments]
· The dogs are Prairie Dogs, which are interesting little rodents, and “bad” is about the Badlands. Two photos of Prairie Dogs in the Badlands near Drumheller, Alberta ... [4 comments]
· It snowed a bit yesterday, and then sort of sleeted and rained a bit on top, then froze in the morning. So overnight passers-by had their footprints preserved. Whose are these? ... [8 comments]
FSS: Chipmunk and Lacy Dress
· Friday Slide Scan #13 is a picture of a squirrel cadging food from Lynne, who was a good friend for a long time but we’ve lost touch with; you can’t see her face, but her summer dress is remarkably pretty. This was shot sometime around 1990, on vacation by the waters of Georgian Bay, near Parry Sound. ...
Caught In Action!
· Herewith a rare excursion into wildlife photography; I got lucky and captured one of our featured local species showing a burst of speed ...
By Tim Bray.
The opinions expressed here
are my own, and no other party
necessarily agrees with them.
A full disclosure of my
professional interests is
on the author page.